Sri Chinmoy was born in 1931 in the village of Shakpura, Chittagong, in the easternmost part of India (now Bangladesh). During the time from 1944 to 1964 Sri Chinmoy lived in a spiritual community in the South of India where he immersed himself not only in meditation but also excelled in literature, music and sports– while studying and working. Sri Chinmoy composed poetry, music and prose, both in English and his native Bengali.
In 1964, Sri Chinmoy followed an inner calling to share the ancient teachings of the East with seekers of the West. New York became his home and the center of publication of his prolific outpourings of poetry, essays, music and art–whose recurring theme was that of the unity of all human beings through the uplifting of the individual. But above all Sri Chinmoy was a meditation master who taught meditation through ‘The Path of the Heart’.
Sri Chinmoy entered his Mahasamadhi, or final union with the Supreme, on October 11, 2007, leaving his physical body at the age of seventy-six.
Sri Chinmoy Links
For more information about Sri Chinmoy, his life and multifarious activities, please visit the following links:
- Sri Chinmoy – Sri Chinmoy’s homepage
- Life of Sri Chinmoy – biographical information on Sri Chinmoy’s life
- Sri Chinmoy Poetry – the poetry of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Library – Sri Chinmoy’s books online
- Sri Chinmoy Music – Sri Chinmoy’s writings on the spiritual role of music
- Sri Chinmoy Songs – the songs and music of Sri Chinmoy
- Radio Sri Chinmoy – audio recordings by Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy Centre
- Sri Chinmoy TV – video recordings of Sri Chinmoy and the Sri Chinmoy Centre
Aprende a meditar …
El Centro Sri Chinmoy ofrece clases gratuitas de meditación.
Para detalles de próximas clases … contáctenos